EMC R-evo Z 1350 Sanding & Polishing Center for multi-directional Superfinishing - Award-winning system!
Superfinishing obtained by combining electronically controlled, segmented sanding pads with the continuous rotation of the entire sanding head assembly (carousel). This revolutionary system is equally effective as regular wide belt sanders with 4 heads!
The carousel rotation is servo-controlled, and can also be operated at standstill in any angular position. The revolving sanding head provides a much more consistent overall finish, and better use of the entire abrasive sanding belt.
Motorized doors, sliding and foldaway.
Useful working width 1,350 mm (53"). Working thickness min./max. 5 - 180 mm (0.2" - 7"); Constant pass line.
Part/Panel Reading unit with Electronic Segments:
- RB-75 Panel reading at infeed, (75) segments with electronic feeler pads.
- Electronic commands activated by magnetic switches.
- Panel detection by large diameter rubber wheels.
- Integrated electronic system.
- Hyper finishing abrasive belt 4,960 x 1,430 mm (195.3" x 56-5/16").
- Chevron belt (inside) length 4,560 mm (179.5").
- Carousel rotating speed infinitely variable 0.1 - 40 RPM.
- Two electronically controlled segmented sanding pads. Both with 75 segments, each 18 mm wide.
- APC - Automatic Programmable Control and setting of the air pressure for the electronic pads.
- Sanding pads pressure controllable from 0 - 4 bar (0 - 58 PSI).
- Main motor 11 kW (15 HP), Inverter Controlled for infinitely variable abrasive belt speeds 3 - 18 m/Sec (10 - 59 FPS).
- Double oscillating blowers for parts & feed belt cleaning. Activated by part size.
- Motorized linear sliding doors, total stroke 2,100 mm (82.7").
- Including abrasive belt loading trolley for easy exchange of the sanding belt.
- At outfeed: TAMPICO brush roller for part cleaning, diameter 150 mm (6"), and TAMPICO brush roller for feed belt cleaning, diameter 150 mm (6").
- Constant pass line, 900 mm (35-7/16") from floor.
- P.A. Automatic thickness caliper with radio frequency remote control.
- Idle table rollers support in infeed and outfeed.
- Rubber covered presser rollers, grooved.
- Vacuum conveyor bed assembly, fan mounted inside the machine. Inverter controlled 4 kW (5,5 HP) motor.
- Variable feed belt speed, adjustable from 2,5 to 16 m/Min (8 - 52 FPM), Inverter Controlled.
- Large diameter screws on machined guides with columns and pistons.
- Automatic feed belt centering device.
Machine Management System:
- Electronic programmable color TSD TOUCH SCREEN DISPLAY, 15,4" wide.
- PLC Power Logic Control for high speed data transmitting. CPU Pentium Intel Atom Z510; 1,1 GHz, DDR2 RAM 512MB expandable.
- Connection 3x USB, 1x RS232, 1x Ethernet 10/100/1000.
- Memory capacity of (200) working programs.
- Operating system Microsoft Windows 7.
- Graphic synoptic to facilitate programming.
- Software and connections prepared for direct online assistance from EMC.
- Operator controls mounted on swiveling panel at eye-level height.
Note: EMC won the recognition for technical innovation at XYLEXPO INNOVATION AWARDS 2016. Remarks from the jury: "The machine twists the concept of sanding and ensures a kind of finishing never seen before."