CAM-WOOD PL-18 18" Wide Double Surfacer
18" Planer with straight knife heads with HSS knives for accurate and powerful two-sided planning in one pass. Spiral Heads with Carbide Insert Knives available, add ...$4,000.00
- 17-3/4” Max. Planning Width.
- 6-5/8” Max. Planning Thickness (12" optional).
- 1/4” Max. Cutting Depth.
- 12” Min. Planning Length.
- 10 to 70 FPM Feeding Speed (Variable).
- 4,200 RPM Cutter Straight Knife Head Speed. (6,000 RPM for Spiral Cutter Head).
- (4) Knife Cutterheads.
- 15 HP Upper Motor.
- 10 HP Bottom Motor.
- 3 HP Feed Motor.
- 1/2 HP Elevation Motor.
- Table Size (L x W) 88" x 16".
- N.W. 5,840 Lbs. - G.W. 6,500 Lbs.
- Standard equipment includes Automatic Thickness Controller for quick, accurate thickness adjustments.
- Top and bottom straight knife cutter heads with HSS knives for accurate and powerful two-sided planing in a single pass.
- The Planer’s table surface is precision ground then chrome-plated and polished to a mirror finish; wear resistance, easy to clean and maintain.
- Heavy-duty upper feed carpet (conveyor) with spring-loaded steel “fingers” holds stock firmly against the Planer’s table; prevents stock splitting while providing positive feed and smooth finish for rough and finish planing.
The conveyor (carpet) is fitted with numerous pressure pins, or fingers, which firmly holds and stabilizes stock during the planing process. Fingers apply moderate pressure to the stock and provides accurate planing while preventing wide cupped boards from splitting and feeding problems while planing narrow material.
- (4) Powered feed rolls are driven via a gearbox linked to heavy-duty chains and sprockets; provides smooth even feeding during rough and finish planing.
- Stepless variable speed control for smooth adjustment of feed speed depending on the material hardness, depth of cut & width; allows for the best finish and feed speed.
- Anti-kickback device provides safety and is designed to work in unison with a conveyor stop. Safeguards mechanical parts in case of overload situations.
Additional Specifications & Features:
- The heavy-duty CAST IRON frame supports the worktable, helps dampen vibration, and ensures years of dependable service.
- Powerful industrial motors for maximum cutting capacity.
- All precision sealed-for-life bearings for long and durable use.
- A built in cutterhead stand is designed for convenient knife changing at the bottom cutterhead.
- Changing knives on the upper cutter head only requires removal of the upper dust chute.
- Setup time is minimized to set cutter head height using the auto material thickness device.
- The top and bottom cutter heads are precision balanced to provide smooth, chatter-free planing regardless of the feed rate or hardness of planed material.
- 1/2 HP Motor provides quick and accurate top head thickness adjustments.
- Spiral Insert Cutterheads with 15 mm x 15 mm carbide insert knives, allow fast, accurate insert changes and minimum down time - add ...$3,000
- For 30 mm x 15 mm two side insert knife cutterhead, add ...$3,850.
- 12" Opening; includes heavier frame and tables to support beams up to 1,000 Lbs; also includes extra drive roll, add ...$7,300
- If required, change voltage up or down, add ...$550
- Total amperage draw on 230 Volt is 60 amps and on 460 Volt it is 30 amps