CAM-WOOD PL-24 TOP & BOTTOM STRAIGHTENING PLANER
24" Capacity Planer for accurate and powerful two-sided planing in one pass.
Includes a set of Spiral Carbide Insert Cutterheads
- 24” Max. Planning Width, 6-5/8” Max. Planning Thickness.
- 1/4”Max. Cutting Depth.
- 12” Min. Planning Length.
- 10 to 70 FPM Feed Speeds (Variable).
- 4,200 RPM Cutter Head Speed.
- Spiral Carbide Insert Cutterheads.
- 30 HP Top Head Motor.
- 15 HP Bottom Head Motor.
- 3 HP Feed Motor and 1 HP Elevation Motor.
- Table Size (L x W) 93" x 24".
- Net weight 6,930 Lbs and Gross weight 7,700 Lbs.
- Standard equipment includes Automatic Thickness Controller for quick, accurate thickness adjustments.
- Top and bottom straight knife cutter heads with HSS knives for accurate and powerful two-sided planing in a single pass.
- The Planer’s table surface is precision ground then chrome-plated and polished to a mirror finish; wear resistance, easy to clean and maintain.
- Heavy-duty upper feed carpet (conveyor) with spring-loaded steel “fingers” holds stock firmly against the Planer’s table; prevents stock splitting while providing positive feed and smooth finish for rough and finish planing.
- The conveyor (carpet) is fitted with numerous pressure pins, or fingers, which firmly holds and stabilizes stock during the planing process. Fingers apply moderate pressure to the stock and provides accurate planing while preventing wide cupped boards from splitting and feeding problems while planing narrow material.
- (4) Powered feed rolls are driven via a gearbox linked to heavy-duty chains and sprockets; provides smooth even feeding during rough and finish planing.
- Stepless variable speed control for smooth adjustment of feed speed depending on the material hardness, depth of cut & width; allows for the best finish and feed speed.
- Anti-kickback device provides safety and is designed to work in unison with a conveyor stop. Safeguards mechanical parts in case of overload situations.
- The heavy-duty CAST IRON frame supports the worktable, helps dampen vibration, and ensures years of dependable service.
- Powerful industrial motors for maximum cutting capacity.
- All precision sealed-for-life bearings for long and durable use.
- A built in cutterhead stand is designed for convenient knife changing at the bottom cutterhead.
- Changing knives on the upper cutter head only requires removal of the upper dust chute.
- Setup time is minimized to set cutter head height using the auto material thickness device.
- The top and bottom cutter heads are precision balanced to provide smooth, chatter-free planing regardless of the feed rate or hardness of planed material.
- 1/2 HP Motor provides quick and accurate top head thickness adjustments.
- For 30 mm x 15 mm two side insert knife cutterhead, add ...$850
- If required, change voltage up or down, add ...$550
- Total amperage draw on 230 Volt is 120 amps; on 460 Volt it's 60 amps